Our firm recognizes that a deep and thoughtful understanding of taxation is essential in all commercial and corporate transactions, and tax considerations are often one of the key elements in any successful outcome. Our tax specialists are therefore involved in all areas of the firm’s practice and it is no coincidence that many of our senior partners are either accountants or have specialized in taxation throughout their careers.
Areas of particular expertise include:
– Fund formation: As part of its extensive venture capital and private equity fund practice, the firm provides tax advice and assists in the receipt of tax rulings for funds with both a presence in Israel and investing in Israeli or Israel-related companies.
– Mergers & Acquisitions: The firm provides comprehensive tax advice at all stages of a merger or acquisition, including tax analysis of target companies, review of transaction documentation, and tax structuring of the deal as a whole.
– Tax Litigation: Our litigation department specializes in complex litigation, often against the local tax or local authorities, in all national and local tax matters
– Tax Trustee: In certain circumstances, transaction require third parties to act as trustees for the tax authorities, providing a reliable intermediary for future disposition of shares, options, carried interest or other rights. Our firm has significant experience in establishing such systems and managing them through to final distributions.
– International Taxation: Thanks to our representation of some of Israel’s largest multinational corporations, our firm has extensive experience in working with the largest international law and accounting firms in building efficient and creative tax structures for our clients which work both in Israel and abroad.
– Real Estate: Our real estate team includes CPAs who are intimately familiar with all aspects of the real estate taxation from complex commercial projects to more straightforward conveyances.